Genius or sacrilege?
Whatever your view point, these are yum! Originally a recipe from Leiths, the prestigious school of cookery, I was weary about the sheer amount of ingredients involved, but of course, my concerns were unfounded!
Perfect when in cahoots with it’s partner in crime: Tea ❤️
100g butter at room temperature
50g mashed ripe banana
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g light soft brown sugar
Grated zest of 1 orange
100g wholemeal flour
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
100g rolled oats
25g desiccated coconut
50g chopped walnuts
1. Heat your oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
3. Gradually beat in the mashed banana, vanilla extract and egg. Add the Orange zest and mix well
4. In a separate large bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, oats, coconut, walnuts and sultanas. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and mix thoroughly until a thick dough is formed
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Drop heaped tbsps onto the sheet, leaving a around 2cm space around each one, and press down lightly with the back of a spoon
6. Bake for 15-20 mins until lightly browned
7. Leave to cool and then devour!