Hope you’ve all had a good week? Mine has been pretty hectic but I decided to say ‘screw it!’ and last night we ordered pizza (lots of it) and ate some of the fudge that I had made a day or so earlier – the best kind of Friday nights.
Dave kissed me goodbye as he left for his second job (superstar DJ) and I settled down to watch Castle with George. Bliss.
This recipe was sent to me by the lovely Claire, a gorgeous gal that I went to school with – she said it was a dead easy recipe and she wasn’t wrong! Thank you Claire 🙂
This fudge is a quick tray bake but without the baking (bonus!) – guaranteed to brighten your dull days and put a smile on your face 🙂 enjoy!
1. Prep your baking tray with grease proof paper (I used a rectangular 8 inch x 6 inch tray)
2. Break the white chocolate up in to squares
3. Cut the Oreo cookies in to halves and/or quarters
Tip: Try to make sure that you only use ‘chunks’ of Oreo cookie and don’t add in any crumbs – this will only make your fudge turn and unattractive grey colour and it will taste gritty.
4. In heavy saucepan and over a low heat, melt white chocolate squares, sweetened condensed milk and salt.
5. Remove mixture from the hob and stir in crushed cookies.
6. Spread evenly into your prepared tray
7. Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
8. Turn fudge onto cutting board; peel off paper and cut into squares
Tip: Store leftovers in the fridge, covered up.