I’ve not put up an actual recipe for a little while, so I thought I would treat you all to this little delight…Coconut & Cherry Flapjack!
I often talk about my love for almonds, but did you also know I’m a sucker for oats and coconut too?! I know…all the best ingredients! 😉
The Boy has worked the past two nights, doing his DJing thing for the last time before starting up again in September. Thats right folks, I get him all to myself on the weekends allllllll through summer! (Think beer gardens, dancing, cocktail making and picnics)!
To celebrate, I baked this last night (around 12am, practically Sunday – all is fair in love and baking) ready for him to nibble on today with some coffee 🙂
The best thing about this recipe is that there is no need for a mixer (sorry, Penny) and you can pretty much whack all the ingredients in together…mixing, baking and cooling all in an hour.
You could be munching on these in 60 minutes! What are you waiting for?!
Anyway, enough talking….time to bake and eat, people 🙂
200g Unsalted butter
200g Demerara sugar
2 tbsp of Golden syrup
275g of Porridge oats
150g Desiccated coconut
100g Glace cherries (chopped)
1. Preheat the oven to 160c/325f/Gas Mark 3 and grease a baking tray (mine was 11 x 9 inch)
2. Heat the butter, sugar and syrup in a large saucepan over a low heat and stir gently until just melted
3. Once the mixture has melted, add in the oats, coconut and chopped cherries. Stir until evenly combined
4. Pour the mixture in to the baking tray and spread the mixture evenly. Use a spatula to press the mixture down and ensure a smooth surface
5. Bake in your preheated oven for 30 minutes
6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the baking tray for 15 minutes before using a sharp knife to cut the flapjack in to squares
7. Carefully transfer your flapjack to a wire rack to cool completely
Love S & P x