5 weeks since my last post! 5! Where have I been? Well, my lovely fellow bloggers, I have been prancing around Budapest, attending theatre shows, watching gigs with friends, generally being smug and giddy about our new engagement and ….. baking of course!
As you are all well aware, Easter was a little while ago…..but, I baked these little beauties! The perfect brownie – a recipe I adapted form the Hummingbird Bakery!
They were really delicious and an easy variation on my normal brownies…these, like my standard brownies, didn’t stick around for long!
The key to making sure that these work is to freeze the cadbury creme eggs first! This stops them from completely melting whist the brownies are baking 🙂
Ingredients and recipe below, enjoy!
5 large eggs
500g caster sugar
120g plain flour
100g cocoa powder
250g of unsalted butter (melted)
50g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
50g Milk chocolate, roughly chopped
2 bags of mini Cadbury creme eggs
1. Preheat your oven to 170c/325f/Gas 3 and prepare your baking tray
2. Beat your eggs and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy
3. Add the sieved flour and cocoa powder and beat until all ingredients have been well incorporated
4. Pour in the melted butter and beat again. Now stir in the chopped chocolate
5. Spoon the mixture in to your prepare baking tray and gently press the cadbury creme eggs in to the mixture
6. Bake in the over for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is firm but the centre is still soft.
7. Leave to cool completely before serving 🙂
Love S & P x